PDA

View Full Version : Query - Text zu Zahlenformat

Tommy
15-04-03, 12:18
Hi NG,

ich finde leider nicht heraus, wie man ein Feld, das als Text formatiert ist, in ein Zahlenformat konvertiert.

Kann mir da jmd. helfen ?

Danke!

Grüße
Tommy

froehlich
15-04-03, 12:31
Hallo,

ich glaube so gut ist Query nicht.
Entweder schreibst ein Programm(RPG,etc)
was dieses Feld umsetzt oder setz es viellcicht mit SQL um.
SQL habe allerdings noch nie ausprobiert.

Gruss Thomas

TARASIK
15-04-03, 12:43
Hallo,
vielleicht hilft dies:

The usual way to make Query convert alpha to numeric is with the microsecond function.
For example, suppose you have a two-byte alpha field with a right-adjusted, zero-filled month number.
You can convert the alpha value to a number like this:

Field Expression
MIC microsecond(
'2002-01-01-00.00.00.0000' ||
month)

I suppose this is cute, but I don't like this method and avoid using it in production. The microsecond function cannot handle more than six digits. The number has to be right-adjusted and zero-filled. I think this method is just plain goofy.
To introduce the method I prefer, here's a question from a reader in Italy:
What do you think about using the SQL CAST operation to convert alpha values to numerics?
-- Rossano

I think SQL is a good way to go. Query/400 can read SQL views in the same way it reads logical files.
The following SQL command creates a view that defines the alpha field amount as a nine-digit packed-decimal field with two decimal positions:
create view myview as
select key, dec(amount,9,2) as amt from mydata

The following SQL commands convert alpha fields to numeric values:
select real(amount) from mydata
select double(amount) from mydata
select int(month) from mydata
select cast (amount as double) from mydata

gruss Tarasik

Fuerchau
15-04-03, 15:29
Auch hier wieder:
Versuch es mit QM-Query, dort sind alle Konvertierungen erlaubt, das Ergebnis kann in eine neue Datei ausgegeben werden, die mann dann mittels Query formschön ausgeben kann.
Mittels QM-Form geht das zwar auch, aber die Formatierungen bei Zahlen läßt doch zu wünschen übrig.