PDA

View Full Version : IFS und Benutzernamen

didi
27-06-05, 13:12
Hallo,

folgendes Problem:
Habe im IFS einen Ordner angelegt, freigegeben etc, alles was dazugehört. Danach habe ich über Windows XP prof eine neue NetzlaufwerkVerbindung angelegt mit dem entsprechenden Laufwerksbuchstaben und Ordnerzuweisung.
Beim Benutzer 1 (namens AAAAA) funktioniert es tadellos, beim Benutzer 2 (namens BBBBB01) funktioniert es nicht. Erst als ich den Benutzer 2 auf (BBBBB) geändert habe, hat es geklappt.
Gibts da ein Problem mit Ziffern oder Sonderzeichen? Wer weiß Rat oder kann mir was dazu sagen.

Gruß Ralph

Fuerchau
27-06-05, 13:22
Normalerweise gibts da keine Probleme, wenn der Benutzer max. 10 Stellen hat.
Ggf. muss das Kennwort bei WinXP in Grossbuchstaben eingegeben werden.

TARASIK
27-06-05, 13:31
Hallo,
war denn das Passwort bei dem User BBBBB01 auch BBBBB01
oder mit Gross- und Kleinschreibung erstellt ?

User Profile/Password Considerations

Normal OS/400 or i5/OS user profiles and passwords apply to the iSeries NetServer with some additional considerations:

Profile/Password Length: By default OS/400 or i5/OS profile and password lengths are limited to 10 characters. V5R1 and higher systems have a Password Level (QPWDLVL) system value which can be set to enable long password support. However, if Windows 95/98/ME clients will be accessing iSeries NetServer, QPWDLVL must be set to 0 . QPWDLVL values of 1 and 3 remove iSeries NetServer passwords from the system for all Windows 95/98/ME clients.

If you have a Windows profile that is greater than 10 characters, iSeries NetServer GUEST support is used if it has been enabled. If the profile is 10 characters or less (and is a valid OS/400 or i5/OS profile) but the password is greater than 10 characters, GUEST support is not used and you are prompted for the correct password.

Mixed-Case Passwords: V5R1 and up provide a security enhancement enabling support for Windows NT challenge/response version 2 (NTLMv2) authentication. NTLMv2 passwords are case sensitive. Windows NT, 2000, and XP clients use NTLMv2. With QPWDLVL 0 or 1, passwords must be all uppercase or all lower case if using NT, 2000, or XP. For additional information, refer to Rochester Support Center knowledgebase document, 24191806, Mixed-Case Passwords Fail with R510 and Up IBM AS/400 NetServer™ at QPWDLVL 0, 1 . To link to document 24191806 immediately, click here . For information on disabling support for NTLMv2 passwords, contact your support representative.

Caution: Before making any changes to the QPWDLVL system value, refer to Chapter 7, Considerations for changing QPWDLVL from 0 or 1 to 2 of the V5R1 Security Reference manual. To link now to the V5R2 iSeries Security Reference , go to the following Web site:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/books/sm25/c4153026.pdf

The system-wide impacts of changing the password level must be considered before making any changes to QPWDLVL. If QPWDLVL 2 or 3 is used, Client Access Express clients at V4R5 and older will not be able to connect. It is not possible to provide a complete list of possible impacts. Any program that allows remote sign-ons or remote authentication to occur (via passwords or password substitutes) must be checked to see if it is able to access a system running at QPWDLVL 2 or 3. It is not always obvious that a product includes sign-on/authentication functions. The product may try to make this transparent for ease of use. Older IBM products, non-IBM products, and user-written applications should all be checked.

Numeric Passwords: A profile can be created with a numeric password on OS/400 or i5/OS by specifying Q as the first character (for example, Q12345). The user can then login with 12345 as the password on the sign-on display. This works because OS/400 or i5/OS precedes the password with the letter Q . Windows does not precede the password with the letter Q ; therefore, a numeric password fails. It is, therefore, recommended that passwords begin with an alphabetic character.