[NEWSboard IBMi Forum]

Question Kann BRMS plugin im OPSNAV nicht installieren

Ich möchte auf meinem PC mittel OPSNAV das BRMS Plugin installieren. Nach der Anmeldung sucht das Programm das Plugin und kommt immer auf folgenden Fehler:
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']"Die folgenden Plug-ins können nicht installiert werden. Ursache:Enthält keine installierte Sprache IBM:BRMSPlugin"[/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Bin auf V6R1.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Hat da jemand einen Rat?[/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Besten Dank[/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Werner[/FONT]

BRMS Plugin

Hallo Werner,
    hast Du das so gemacht ?
    Adding Backup, Recovery, and Media Services Plug-In in Operations Navigator GUI
    Technote

User has a PC using iSeries Navigator that has connections to multiple operating systems. It may be possible that all systems do not have the BRMS plug-in.

Following are the steps required to add BRMS GUI for one system:

Step 1: In iSeries Navigator, right-click on the connection name of the system that is missing the BRMS GUI function
    > Select Properties
    > Select Plug-Ins tab

Step 2: This shows the function tables. The top table is for "Plug-ins Installed on PC" and lists "Backup, Recovery, and Media Services" among other plug-ins. The bottom table for "Plug-In Supported By (System Name)". This list does not include "Backup, Recovery, and Media Services".

Step 3: Click on "Rescan" button to add "Backup, Recovery and Media Service" plug-in function to the bottom table.

Step 4: Click on "Close" tab to exit Properties function.

Step 5: If necessary, expand on connection for the system in question. Functions listed under that system should now include the BRMS GUI "Backup, Recovery and Media Services."

Hallo Tarasik, Danke für Deine Antwort. Wenn ich es so mache wie Du mir schreibst, dann bekomme ich keine Angaben in dem Fenster, somit kann ich auch nichts auswählen. Ich bin aber sicher, dass BRMS auf dem System i richtig installiert ist, da die Sicherung grundsätzlich sauber läuft. Grüsse Werner

noch eine Installationsvariante

Hallo Werner,
    ist denn auf dem System der BRMS Initaliationsjob gelaufen ?

Hier noch eine Variante der Installation:

Installing the BRMS System i Navigator Client On Your Workstation After you install BRMS on your System i platform and have applied the latest PTFs, you can additionally install the BRMS System i Navigator client to workstations which are also using System i Navigator. To do so, follow these steps: 1. Right-click the Network Neighborhood or My Network Places icon on your desktop. 2. Select Map Network Drive. 3. Specify \\system-name\qibm for Path or Folder, where system-name is the name of the system on which the BRMS product (5761-BR1) is installed. 4. Click OK. 5. Open the IBM System i Access for Windows icon. 6. Open the Selective Setup icon in the IBM System i Access for Windows folder. 7. Click Next on the Selective Setup panel. 8. Click Browse on the Selective Setup Options panel. 9. On the Choose Folder panel select the Drive mapped to drive:\\system-name\qibm. 10. Click OK. 11. Click Next on the Selective Setup Options panel. 12. Click Next on the Components Cannot Be Installed panel. 13. Find Backup, Recovery, and Media Services under Components on the Component Selection panel. 14. Click the Backup, Recovery, and Media Services check box. 15. Click Next on the Component Selection panel. 16. Backup, Recovery, and Media Services should be listed under Add components on the Start Copying Files panel. 17. Click Next on the Start Copying Files panel. 18. Clear the View the README file and Add program folder to desktop check boxes on the Install Completed panel. 19. Click Next on the Install Completed panel. 20. Click Finish on the Setup Complete panel.

Hallo Tarasik
    Danke für Deine Antwort. Ja ich habe den BRMS Installations Job und die BRMS Initialisierung durchlaufen lassen. Ich habe das BRNS auch bereits auf meine Bedürfnisse konfiguriert und führe täglich BRMS automatisiert die Sicherung durch. Das läuft alles prima. Das einzige was mir fehlt ist das BRMS Plugin im OPSNAV. Mit Deiner gelieferten Beschreibung komme ich nicht ganz klar, hab windows 7 und finde mich noch nicht zurecht.
    Grüsse Werner

Hi!

Die Meldung sagt dass die Sprache fehlt, wenn ich richtig gelesen hab. Ist der OpsNav auf deutsch oder englisch installiert?

mfg Peter
    Wer andren eine Bratwurst brät, hat ein Bratwurstbratgerät!

Hallo Peter, danke für Deine Antwort. Ja die AS400 und der OpsNav bei mir local sind beide auf Deutsch installiert, keine Sekundär Sprachen. Was ich in der Zwischenzeit herausgefunden habe, ist, auf der AS/400 besteht das Plugin auf Sprache 2929. Komisch!

Zitat Zitat von werner8610 Beitrag anzeigen
    Was ich in der Zwischenzeit herausgefunden habe, ist, auf der AS/400 besteht das Plugin auf Sprache 2929. Komisch!
    Also 2929 ist die kennzeichnung für Deutsche Sprache

Würde mich sehr wundern wenn auf einer i5 mit Deutscher Sprache nicht auf Sprache 2929 stehen würde - ok bei multinationaler Nutzung sind da dann auch Andere Sprachen im Einsatz.

Gruß AS400.lehrling